- Active Club Challenge
Active Club Challenge
Fingal County Council’s Sports Office is calling on ALL Sports Clubs to get involved in the Fingal Active Club Challenge.
We’re looking for clubs to set up walking and running groups to encourage more people to get active in their community. The challenge is open to all sports clubs and we want them to assist in mobilising their members and indeed all residents in the community to get everyone more active in 2021.
The programme will start on January 18th and take place for six weeks ending on Sunday 28th February; we’re looking for clubs to encourage both members and non-club members to get walking, running or cycling and to see which club in Fingal can run/walk/cycle the furthest and is the most active!
As part of the programme we’ll hold a free online ‘Nutrition Information’ session for all participants and an online ‘Introduction to Exercise’ session to give participants some health-related support and advise to encourage people to stay involved in the programme.
To Get Involved:
- Clubs identify an Active Club Coordinator
- Clubs register with Fingal Sports Office
- Fingal will send all info to the Active Club Coordinator
- Participants register through a local sports club (club link)
- Club Coordinator collates all distances ran/ walked from participants and send it to Fingal via weekly google form
- Fingal produce a weekly club leader board
On completion of the programme the top clubs in each sport will receive a Fingal Active Club Challenge Flag.
Register your club by clicking below.